OMA Member Benefits
What can you expect from OMA?
OMA in partnership with our National Concrete Masonry Association supports you in the following areas:
- Industry Leadership
- Stay abreast of building codes, building standards and construction details.
- Strengthen working relationship with architects, engineers, builders, construction and other masonry trade groups.
- Recognize the creative use of concrete masonry products through professional and student design competitions.
- Maintain a high profile in Washington D.C. to protect and promote the legislative and regulatory interests of members.
- Ensure an adequate supply of effectively trained masons to install the industry's products.
- OMA's Manpower Committee works closely with the Ohio State Department of Education to stimulate interest in masonry careers.
- Information Resources
- Project technical information through an extensive catalog of design and construction guides to members at reduced prices.
- Technical, manufacturing, safety, and management information is available through publications, computer software and videotapes.
- Members receive quarterly OMA newsletters. Also available, to promote the use of members' products, is a monthly full-color magazine that is distributed to a list of architects, designers, and developers.
- An annual Market Planning Statistical Survey of the latest in market potential and penetration.
- Technical support
- OMA members can request technical assistance from producer members, designers, and specifiers of members products. Additional technical support can be obtained through our association with the International Masonry Institute and its local executive director.
- Peer Interaction
- Attend both state and national conventions throughout the year to meet other members and stay in touch with the latest news in the industry, including OMA's Spring convention as well as a Fall convention and golf outing.